Top 15 Real-life Treks of Uttarakhand for Your Family
Uttarakhand is one of the best real-life Treks of Uttarakhand destinations that fit your family in India. Each year thousands of thrill lovers and adventure like-minded families travel to different places in Uttarakhand to enjoy mountain real-life Treks of Uttarakhand such as hiking, river rafting, camping, National Park Safari & many more.
There is a never-ending list of real-life Treks of Uttarakhand; you have to be enough daredevil and bold enough also to enjoy these all real-life thrills with family. Most Treks of Uttarakhand happen around the year except for monsoon seasons July and August. Here is a list of the topmost 15 real-life Adventure Activities for your families in Uttarakhand
Top 15 Real-life Treks of Uttarakhand for Your Families
1. Trekking in Uttarakhand
There is plenty of real-life trekking trails that await you and your family in Uttarakhand. Nevertheless, trekking activity in Uttarakhand is possibly the best adventure activity amongst them all. For sure trekking in these lofty mountains will be at the top of your list of treks in Uttarakhand.
- Best Time to Trek: March to November
- Where to Trek: Valley of Flowers, Bedni Bugyal, Kauri pass, Roop Kund, etc.
- Duration: Treking ranges between 2 days and can end up to 10 Days at a time.
- Ideal Health: People who have good health and endurance
- The Approx Cost PP: The cost differs from person to person that depends on the duration and inclusion/ Approx. INR 6000/- to INR 25,000 PP
- Things to Bring: Camping Gear, Hiking Shoes, Water Bottles, Packaged Food, etc.
Suggested Read –Treks in Garhwal Himalaya
2. Paragliding in Uttarakhand
Dehradun, Mukteshwar, and Ranikhet have distinctive topography and majestic natural landscapes that offer an ideal backdrop for Paragliding activity. Hence this is a family adventure activity, so you must insert it in your to-do list while heading to Uttarakhand. The Tehri Lake festival is a great opportunity to fly over the world’s second-largest lake.
- Best Time to fly: April-October
- Where to head: Dehradun, Mukteshwar, and Ranikhet, Tehri Lake.
- Flying Duration: 1-2 hours
- Ideal Age: Anyone who’s brave enough to air
- Approx Cost PP: INR 1500/- to INR 3500 PP, depends on location & fly distance.
- Things to bring: Nothing, all gear is provided by the activity center.
Suggested Read –Adventure activity in the Blue makes you electrified…
3. White Water Rafting in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is the most sought destination in Uttarakhand for river rafting, and it has gained a reputation as an adventure capital in India. The river rafting in the holy river Ganges is a big attraction in this small spiritual city. Although you enjoy the surreal natural beauty of mountains that is nowhere in India.
- Best Time to Raft: Except Mansoon season, avoid From Mid June to Mid Mid October
- Where to Head: Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Duration: 3-4 Hours
- Allowed Age: Above 14 years
- Approx Cost PP: INR 600 to 1500/- PP onwards
- Things to Take with: A change of Cloths
Suggested Read – River Rafting in Rishikesh Price Details and location too
4. Skiing at Auli Hill Station
Tourism in Uttarakhand is continuously booming every year and thanks to its pilgrimage sites and real-life adventure activities that Uttarakhand offers us, skiing and snowboarding is a lifelong experience you take away from this beautiful small town, Auli.
- Best Time to ski: January-February
- Where to Head: Joshimath to Auli in Chamoli DIstrict
- Duration: As long as you enjoy skiing
- Ideal Age: Anyone can do skiing, experience is not preferred.
- Approx Cost PP: Entry is Free unless you hire gear or book ski lessons
- Things to bring there: All kinds of Ski gear, but you are also there, etc.
Suggested Read – 21 Best Destinations To Visit In Uttarakhand
5. Camping in Uttarakhand
If you are looking for camping in Uttarakhand? you must be sure for including at least two days of camping. Camping activity is a family-friendly adventure activity. Here, travelers book the camping with a river rafting package in Rishikesh. But camping on the bank of the river Ganges is considered to be a violation of the Namami Gange’s policy. So, camping is not allowed along the bank of the Ganges within 100 meters from its banks.
- Best Time to Camp: Around the Year
- Where to Camp: Kanatal, Seoria Tal, Corbet National Park, Pangot, Bhimtal, etc.
- Camping Duration: 1-2 days or you can make it longer if you are on a trek expedition.
- Ideal Age Group: Anyone, but depends on location, Rishikesh is the best for family camping too.
- Approx Cost PP: INR 2500/- Per Person including all meals per night and above.
- Things to Bring: Personal needs things, camoing gears are provided.
Suggested Read –Dodital to Hanuman Chatti 06 Days-5 Nights Trek in Uttarakhand
6. Wildlife Jeep Safaris
Jeep Safaris are the most children-friendly & real-life adventure activities in the state of Uttarakhand. The Rajaji National Park, Rishikesh, and Corbett National Park in Nainital offer a wild thrilling Jeep.
- Best Time of Safari: October- April, Avoid Animal Breeding Seasons
- Where to do: Corbet National Park, Nainital & Rajaji National Park, Rishikesh
- Duration: 3-4 Hours
- Ideal For: Wildlife Photography and Nature Lovers
- Approx Cost PP: INR 700/ – PP onwards
- Things to Carry: Cameras, Binoculars, Cap and Sunglasses.
Suggested Read – JUNGLE SAFARI IN CORBETT NATIONAL PARK
7. Bungee Jumping, Rishikesh
Bungee Jumping is a thrilling and adrenaline activity in Uttarakhand. You can enjoy this at Mohan Chatti Place about 25 km up in the hills from Rishikesh. The Bungee is conducted by an Ex-army officer, and its operations are in the hand of a highly trained team of New Zealand, the Kiwis are highly equipped with experience in regard to your safety concerns.
- Best Time to do: March-April, October-Mid-November
- Where to Jump: Mohan Chatti near Rishikesh
- Duration: 3-4 from Rishikesh To Rishikesh, depends on the crowd too.
- Ideal Age Group: Anyone above the age of 14
- Approx Cost PP: INR 3550/- PP including transport
- Things to carry: Nothing, all gear is provided at the station point
Suggested Read – 5 Best Off-Grid Places in Uttarakhand – For Female Solo Traveler
8. Ganga Ziplining, Rishikesh
Ziplining aka Flying fox is one of the few adventure activities that can be enjoyed by young children. The activity is very safe with few risk factors. You can do it multiple times; there are varying lengths of the zip cord and an unlimited guarantee of fun.
- Best Time to ziplining: March-April, October-Mid-November
- Where to ziplining:: Mohan Chatti near Rishikesh
- Zipline Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Ideal For: Anyone above the age of 12
- Average Cost PP: Approx. INR 1800/- PP
- Things to carry: Nothing, all gear is provided
Suggested Read – 10 Epic Road Trips in the Mountains of Uttarakhand
9. Canoeing and Paddling, Rishikesh
Canoeing and paddling are all age-friendly activities you have here in Rishikesh. You can hire a trainer for safety reasons and a boat that significantly minimizes all risk factors. To know how to swim is not a pre-requisite, but knowing swimming is always helpful.
- Best Time to do: Around the year except for Monsoon seasons
- Where to visit: Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Duration: 2 hours and depends on your booking
- Ideal Age for No bar of age
- Approx Cost PP: INR 1500/- PP onwards, lessons may cost extra
- Things to need: Change of clothes and everything else is provided
Suggested Read – 3 Days Kayaking Course on the Ganges River
10. Cable Car Rides, Nainital & Auli
It is all about family adventure activities, taking cable cars at high altitudes in the Himalayas, thousands of feet above sea level can be absolutely breathtaking and adventurous for all. If you look to enjoy some majestic and enchanting view of the landscapes of the Himalayas, we recommend you take a ride to the cable car in Nainital or the world’s longest cable car 14 km from Joshimath to Auli.
- Best Time to ride: All year round but in Auli winter is the best.
- Where to ride: Auli & Nainital
- Ride Duration: 1-2 hours
- Ideal For: Anyone can go for a ride.
- Approx Cost PP: INR 150 Per Adult Both Ways; Approx. INR 100 Per Child (3 to 12 years) Both Ways
- Things to carry: Cameras, Binoculars, and sunglasses
Suggested Read – Nainital – Seal an Unforgettable Memory Forever
11. Cliff Jumping, Rishikesh
Cliff jumping has been very popular in Rishikesh along the riverbanks of the Ganges. It is an add-on thrilling & chilling activity when you go for river rafting activity. But, for those who love to do it from a great variable height then you need to book it separately. It will be expensive and time-taking too but you will get unmatched and lifetime experience.
- Best Time to Jump: Around the year except for monsoon seasons.
- Where to Jump: Rishikesh along the bank of the Ganges.
- Jump Duration: Usually, you do it during rafting somewhere along the Ganges.
- Ideal Age: Above 14 years
- Approx Cost PP: Inclusion with rafting package. In case, separately, INR 1000
- Things to carry: GoPro Camera and Sunglasses
Suggested Read – The 7 Best Things To Do In Rishikesh, India
12. Rappelling, Uttarakhand
If you are looking for rappeling while being in Rishikesh then waterfalls rappelling and Rajaji National Park is the best available options for you. It sounds like fun-making activity but it is a real-life adventure, you can rappel down from a variable height as per your comfort and dare to take risks unless you do not have a high-altitude phobia.
- Best Time to rappel: Around the year
- Where to rappel: Rishikesh or Rajaji National Park
- Rappel Duration: Total time ranging 2 – 4 hours
- Ideal Age: Above 14 Years but depends upon risk-taking attitude.
- Approx Cost PP: INR 600/- PP onwards
- Things to carry: All gear is available. But rappelling down a waterfall, need to have a change of clothes.
13. Giant Swing, Rishikesh
Giant Swing, sounds awestruck and breathtaking adventure apart from Bungee Jumping. The giant swing is another thrilling activity, if you have never tried bungee before, perhaps try out the swing first as it’s a little less intimidating.
- Best Time to go: March-April, October-Mid-November
- Where to go: Mohan Chatti near Rishikesh
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Ideal For: Anyone above the age of 12
- Average Cost PP: Approx. INR 3550/- PP
- Things to carry: Nothing, all gear is provided
Suggested Read- Rajaji National Park: the Kingdom of the Elephant
14. Cycling & Mountian Biking
Cycling is a quite famous half-day activity among young travelers in Rishikesh. It is very common to see travelers cycling along the bank of the Ganges on the Badrinath Highway up to Shivapur or more further. There are many renting stores in Tapovan that rent out the mountain cycle and bikes for the day to explore its surrounding. This is a fun-filled activity for families, couples, and solo travelers.
- Best Time to cycle: Around the year
- Where to paddle: On the Badrinath Highway along with the Bank of the Ganges.
- Cycling Duration: Half-Day Cycling
- Ideal Age: Anyone can do cycling here.
- Rentals Cost: Approx.: INR 400/-to INR 1000 Per Bike or Bicycle for 12 hours
- Things to Carry: Safety Helmets, Identity card, and water bottles
Suggested Read – Rajaji National Park: the Kingdom of the Elephant
15. Waterfall Hikes/ Treks
If you are looking for a waterfalls trek or hike in Rishikesh? then, there are three waterfalls, namely Neer Waterfalls, Patna Waterfalls, Rudra Waterfalls in Rishikesh. Trekking or Hiking is a half-day fun-filled activity and it does not need any physical agility. Young & old people enjoy going on nature trails up to these waterfalls, especially, in the summers season offer many chances to get wet.
- Best Time to Trek: Around the year just avoid heavy monsoon
- Where to Trek: Neer Waterfall, Patna Waterfalls, Rudra Waterfalls
- Trek Duration: As long as you wish to be there
- Ideal Age: Anyone can go for a long hike or trek to these 3 waterfalls
- Approx Cost PP: Entry Ticket 30/- PP, for Neer Waterfalls and rest of waterfalls are free entry
- Things to carry: Change of clothes, water bottles, food, cameras, etc.
Suggested Read –Neer waterfalls Rishikesh