Kunjapuri Trek – A Complete Trek Route Guide For Solo Travel to Rishikesh
Kunjapuri trek is the best trek in Rishikesh. It is a short trek, but you can enjoy the amazing views and have fun. You can see the beautiful Neer waterfalls and the village. You can see the forest and the beautiful mountains. It is a great place to go trekking. The temple sits at an elevation of 1,676 meters and is 30 km from Tapovan of Rishikesh.
Kunjapuri Temple offers majestic views of snow-laden peaks Chaukhamba, SwargaRohini, Banderpunch, and Gangotri Peaks with a spellbound sunrise view. Kunjapuri Trek offers you a chance of trekking experience in Rishikesh.
In the Winter, Kunjapuri Weather is chilling & cold. Kunjapuri temperature varies between 0- 10 degrees with the north wind.
In the summer, Kunjapuri weather is pleasant with ideal temperature, but in the monsoon, from June to September, Kunjapuri weather is almost cloudy hardly enjoy the sunrise.
Kunjapuri Trek in Rishikesh
The Kunjapuri sunrise offers 180 degrees views of the greater Himalayas with the best trekking in Rishikesh with Neer waterfall, Rudra Waterfall, village culture & many more.
Kunjapuri Trek Route
9 km long uphill trekking from Tapovan is so blissful and rejuvenated. Is trekking so difficult for Kunjapuri temple sunrise?
Yes, It is a 9 km Uphill trek that is difficult. But when you take a 12 km long downhill trek via Neer waterfall, I say it is an easy-level and entry-level one-day short trek in Rishikesh.
How To Reach Kunjapuri Temple Rishikesh
The temple is approx 30 km from Tapovan Rishikesh. So, it requires a 45 -60 minutes road trip from Rishikesh via Narendra Nagar and Ananda in the Himalayas to reach Kunjapuri Temple.
If you start from the Tapovan ( Rishikesh hotels )of Rishikesh, first reach Bhadarakali temple, So you reach the Gangotri Highway and drive through Narendra Nagar to reach Kunjapuri temple.
If you choose to reach by trek,?
Tapovan – Kunjapuri Trek Route Map is a 9 km long uphill trek via Rudra waterfall and Barkot village. Later you descend by taking a 12 km long downhill trek through Pater village Dharkot village and Neer village and Neer waterfall to reach Tapovan of Rishikesh.
Kunjapuri Temple Trek?
How to reach Kunjapuri temple from Rishikesh? Kunjapuri Trekking in Rishikesh for a sunrise view.
One Way Up by Drive & Downhill by Trek – It requires 6-7 hr to complete the visit 45 minutes motor drive and 3-4 hours downhill trek.
By Road Trip – If you choose to take only a road Journey then it requires only 4 hrs to visit and return to Rishikesh. Dehradun to Kunjapuri Temple distance is 65 km by road, Dehradun to Rishikesh then take Gangotri Highways via Narendra Nagar & Ananda in the Himalayas.
Places to visit in Rishikesh while Kunjapuri Trek
The Kunjapuri’s downhills trails offer lots of opportunities to capture nature including village culture and traditions, particularly when you pass through Badhera, Pater, and Barkot village, you experience something you have never experienced before.
Suggested Read –Ranikhet in the lap of nature
Himalayan Peaks -Gazing
- Peak gazing is a magical experience when your eyes lay on the snow-covered peaks of the Himalayas and their valleys. The most captivating sights are spread out before you like the eye candy that is Swargarohini, Gangotri , Banderpunch, and Chaukhamba as well as Rishikesh, Haridwar, and DoonValley which spreads to your sight like melted butter.
Suggested Read- Travelling Offbeat In Uttarakhand’s Garhwal and Kumaon Himalayas
Yoga Retreats & Meditation
- If you love yoga and you’re looking for a place to meditate where you can also get a peek at majestic snow-covered peaks then the Kunjapuri Temple is the perfect spot. This shrine has been considered one of the world’s most sacred pilgrimage sites. Meditation and spirituality come together in harmony at this breathtaking location!
Suggested read – YOGA, AND MEDITATION IN RISHIKESH HIMALAYA
Wedding Rituals & Navratra Festival
- Kunjapuri temple is the best-known place for weeding rituals and the Navaratra festival. The locals go to the temple for the marriage ceremony. So, if you visit during the wedding season you can experience Himalayan culture and traditions. Moreover, the Navaratra festival unlocks the deepest part of your heart.
Suggested Read – TRIP TO INTERNATIONAL YOGA FESTIVAL IN RISHIKESH
Kunjapuri Trek & Sunrise Hike
- Trekking in Rishikesh & Sunrise hiking is the best activity in Rishikesh and Kunjapuri Devi is the best spot to start your adventure activities in Rishikesh. The trek offers a vast variety of experiences including a sunrise view, village lifestyle, hidden trails, lesser-known birds, waterfall nearby, and of course unseen beauty of nature.
Neer Waterfall Trek
- If you opt to chase the trails by foot from the Kunjapuri Temple, then get ready to witness the biggest waterfalls of Rishikesh that is the Neer Waterfall Trek. The waterfalls are divided into 3 tiers and the last tier is awesome, where you can swim and splash in the natural-made pond.
Suggested Read – Top 8 Popular Waterfalls in Rishikesh-Mussoorie-Dehradun
- As you know, without knowing the village culture of Uttarakhand, the visit will be always incomplete, The village life transmits some frequency that can be experienced when you are truly feeling within. The Kunjapuri Trek gives you these opportunities to interact with locals to know more about it.
Suggested Read – 5 Lesser-known Postcards Villages to visit in Uttarakhand
Sunrise View & Sunset View
- Travelers admire by heart the sunrise and sunset view from the temple complex. If you are a nature enthusiast and love to experience something awesome then take a walk from Hindolakhal up to the temple through the pine trees forest that will be more adventurous. The walk distance is about 5KM.
Suggested Read – Kausani- Popularly Known as Mini Switzerland of India
- The Kunjapuri Trail from Tapovan-Rishikesh is a paradise for birding. The trail goes up along the natural freshwater stream up to 3 km and during this birding trip you spot vast varieties of the Himalayan birds. Apart from this birding trail, the Barkot village is another hotspot for birding, and you can add this activity after sunrise view.
Suggested Read- Rishikesh- A Paradise For Birdwatching
Rudra Waterfall & Mahadev Cave
Rudra waterfall and Mahadev cave are the best part of Kunjapuri – Tapovan Trail, both are very close to each other in the valley river. The cave is famous among locals.
Some Fact About Temple
This temple is one of the Siddha Peeth out of 52, is located in Rishikesh Uttarakhand. There is a board display that this temple was built by the 197th Field Regiment (Kargil) on the entrance gate of the temple.
There are more than 300 concrete stair steps to reach the top of the temple. The gate of the temple holds the statue of the lion with goddess Kunjapuri.
The Best Time To visit Kunjapuri
The best time to visit Kunjapuri Temple is Morning and Evening time for sunrise and sunset views. Also, the Navratra festival is unmissable to have a chance to be a part of the Hindu rituals and culture here. The opening time is 6 Am to 8 Pm.
Keywords – Rishikesh shiva temple- rishikesh temple photos- rishikesh altitude -time in rishikesh- rishikesh weather- rishikesh to haridwar- rishikesh hotels- haridwar to rishikesh -rishikesh temperature- haridwar to rishikesh distance-lakshman jhula- Ananda in the Himalayas – Naredra Nagar- Dehradun Rishikesh- Rishikesh Airport- Rishikesh Railway station.