Kausani- Popularly Known as Mini Switzerland of India
One of the well-known winter destinations in India to get away from the hustle and bustle of cities. One can enjoy leisure time by watching the panoramic view of the Himalayan with sunrise views behind the mountain peaks like Nanda Devi, Trishul mountains along with the Panchachuli. Kausani a Switzerland of India is the best place to welcome the new year in the amid of Himalayas. It is also the best honeymoon spot for couples.
Locations – This beautiful hill station village located in the Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand. At an altitude of 1890 m from the sea level.
- The spectral view of the majestic mountain 300 km panoramic view of the Himalayas which is covered with oak, pine trees, and deodar trees will make awestruck with the bewitching beauty of the place.
- Especially the sunrise and sunset the reflection of the on-mountain turns the mountain color into orange.
- Therefore the amazing scenic views captives tourists and makes you feel paradise on earth.
Suggested Read- Ranikhet – A Serene Town In The Lap Of Nature
- Kausani popularly know as Switzerland of India, This small village will never stop to amaze you with its sightseeing place.
- What makes this hamlet more special is the birds chirping and the gentle breeze. Which comes from the Himalayas and the alpine trees and colorful flowers and very very popular for sunrise vistas
How To Reach
- The nearest railway station is Kathgodam which is 142 km from Kausani.
- From there either take a bus or a taxi.
- The best time to visit is from April as the temperature will be favorable to explore the places till June month.
- If you want to enjoy snowfall then plan a trip from October to February where you can enjoy the snow and view of the mountain covered with ice caps.
Suggested Read- Baijnath Temple An Ancient Shiva Temple
Things To Do Here
- Walk Into Nature – The walk into the woods full of greenery with family and friends while birds chirp in the oak and pine tree forest along with the panoramic view of Himalayan mountain peaks. You can relax by enjoying the serenity of the place.
- Trekking- Kausani a Switzerland of India is famous for trekking it provides numerous trekking destinations like from Kausani to Pinakeshwar and Kausani to Baijnath Dham via Gurda and so on..
- Village Shops– They have a small market with the best quality woolen cloths and handmade handlooms, handcrafts done by the villagers. Fresh tea leaves from the tea plantation along with pickles and jams.
Suggested Read- Patal Bhuvaneshwar- A Journey To the Shiva Cave
Places to visit Nearby
- Laxmi Ashram & Temple – This Ashram is for woman’s welfare which was originally started by the disciple of Gandhiji Sarla ben. She lived here her whole life now this Ashram provides education and development activities for women.
- Pinakeshwar Temple –It is located 20 km from the Kausani at an elevation of 9,500 feet. This place is famous for the Shiva temple and from the temple you have the whole valley full of colorful flowers.
- Baijanth Temple –The Baijnath Temple is located at a distance of 17 km from the Kausani. The temple has ruins in which one can see the ancient architecture and carvings inside the temple complex worth visiting.
- The Anasakti Ashram – is founded by the father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi is located in Kausani, Dehradun, Kumaon, is now going to be renovated. The Ashram will be renovated by Bridakul. In 1929, Mahatma Gandhi stayed for two weeks in Kausani. Gandhi has also described it in his literature.
- Bagnath Temple – Bagnath Temple is located at the confluence of the Saryu and Gomti rivers. This Vyagreshwar or “Tiger Lord”, is the holy place of Lord Shiva. This temple was built by Kumaon King Lakshmi Chand around 1450 BC. but there is a Sanskrit inscription that indicates an earlier date than 1450 BC.
- Maha Shivaratri Festival There is a huge crowd of devotees who comes to the annual celebration of Maha Shivaratri. The place has a group of temples. The main temples are Bhairava Temple, Dattatreya Maharaj, Ganga Mai Temple, Hanuman Temple, Durga Temple, Kalika Temple, Thingal Bhirava Temple, Panchanam Junakhara and Vaneshwar Temple.
- Chandika Temple – A beautiful temple dedicated to Goddess Chandika is located about half a kilometer from Bageshwar. Every year, during the Navratras, a big crowd of devotees throngs here, and Mother is worshipped during Navratris Festival.
- Sriharu Temple – Sriharu Temple is located about 5 kilometers from Bageshwar. Devotees believe that the prayer is executed for wish fulfillment. Every year after Navratri, a big fair is organized at the Vijaya Dashami festival.
- Gauri Udiar Temple & Cave – It is 8 km from Bageshwar. There is a large cave of 20 x 95 square meters which has idols of Lord Shiva.
Suggested Read- Bageshwar Temples: The Path Where Gods Live
Other Famous Temples in Bageshwar
Ramghat Temple – Agnikund Temple -Ramji Temple -Loknath ashram -Nileshwar Mahadev -Amit Ji’s Ashram -Kukuda- Mai Temple -Jwaladevi Temple -Sitladevi Temple -Venimadhav Temple -Trijuginarayan Temple -Radhakrishna Temple- Hanuman Temple -Bhileshwar Dham -Surajkund -Swargashram -Siddharth Dham -Gopeshwar Dham -Golu Temple
- Plan a trip to Kausani a gorgeous hamlet that gives an extraordinary view of the Himalayas mountain peak and the beauty of this place makes you feel like paradise on earth.
Suggested Read – Nainital – Seal an Unforgettable Memory Forever
Comments are closed.