Rudra Meditation Cave at Kedarnath -Facilities -Cost & How To Book
Many pilgrims and travelers keep asking me about Rudra Meditation Cave at Kedarnath -Facilities -Cost & How To Book. Therefore, I have decided to put some essential information through my blog for those who would like to stay in the Rudra cave for spiritual & meditation purposes. If you are thinking that Rudra cave is a typical Himalayan cave? Here, you are wrong!
What is Rudra Cave?
- It is an undoubted modern cave. The Rudra cave is the best place for meditation in Kedarnath apart from a tourist destination.
- This cave run by the Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN) is just 1 km away from the Kedarnath Temple. The cave is facing Sri Badrinath and Sri Kedarnath and are man-made caves using rock boulders, stones & built with wooden doors.
- The Uttarakhand Government decided to make a cave with modern amenities to honor the visit of our Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji and later it opens for all visitors, devotees & travelers.
Suggested Read – Panch Kedar Shiva Temple in the Garhwal Himalayas Uttarakhand
What Do you expect?
- The Rudra Cave is not free from modern amenities, but it lies in total isolation 1 km away from the temple site. The cave has electricity and drinkable water with an attached toilet and heater.
- The cave authority serves morning tea, breakfast, lunch, evening tea, and dinner as per your preferred mealtime.
- The Room-cave service is 24X7. You can book the cave through GMVN online portal.
The Tariff Per Night
- The tariff of the cave is ranging from INR 990 to INR 3000 per night. However, Rudra Cave does not open around the year due to extreme cold.
- So there are few tourists who opt to stay here. For information, please kindly visit the official website of GMVN.
Suggested Read – How to Reach Mahavatar Babaji Cave, Uttarakhand Himalyas
Rules You Must Know
- The travelers are required to report physically at the GMVN Guptkashi office 2 or 3 days before scheduling the date of booking. You have to go through a complete medical check-up.
- Once you are found physically sound and medically fit then you allow to stay in the cave. Only one person can stay in the cave at any given time.
- The Refunds are not given once the booking is confirmed. Your stay takes place for a minimum of 3 days.
Suggested Read- Koteshwar Mahadeva Temple & Cave – Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand
Some Dos & Don’ts
- You must be punctual at the time of Check-In.
- You have to produce a photo ID. at 12 noon the checkout time.
- Once you go out. You must switch off the heater, geyser, fan, light, and lock the door.
- Do not leave any valuables in the room.
- The cave authority does not hold any accountability for any loss.
- Alcohol, smoking, and pets are not allowed here.
Suggested Read – Kedarnath Temple – How to reach & Where to Stay