MUSSOORIE KEMPTY FALLS TREK- THE OLDEST FALLS IN MUSSOORIE
Mussoorie Kempty falls located in the Garhwal Himalayas is a very popular picnic spot. Having an altitude of 2250 mtr above sea level this is one of the biggest waterfalls nestled in the enchanting hill town of Mussoorie. It is the most popular and oldest tourist spot of Mussoorie developed around 150 years ago by a British man. The selling features of this place are the pristine falls and cascading waters surrounded by hill mountain cliffs that mesmerize the trekkers. The gigantic falls with a somersault of streams hitting the rock bottom is a divine bliss to your eyes.
HOW TO REACH KEMPTY FALLS?
Kempty falls is situated on Yamunotri road. It is located 15 km away from Mussoorie. Being on the road it is easily accessible by car, taxi or bus from the Mussoorie station.
Trekking of Kempty hills involves full of terrace fields, crystal clear rivers, and lush forests. Apart from landscapes, there are flora and fauna all around to keep you captivated in your tour. For adventure enthusiasts, it is a great opportunity to enjoy the wildlife along with verdant landscapes. The trekking journey starts from Mussoorie station itself. On your way, you will find Malsi deer park where you can go for a ropeway ride and enjoy the diversity of wildlife in the park. After that, you can either move forward or create a base camp to stay overnight. Moving forward about 10-8 km there are hotels for your comfortable stay. Continuing the trek you will reach to Jwala Devi.
This place is popular for the amazing view it provides of the Himalayan peaks, Yamuna river, and the entire Mussoorie. Following after a trek of 12 km from Jwala Devi, we reach to Bhadraj temple. This is the last landmark before finally reaching to Kempty falls. The Bhadraj temples showcase the view of Himalayan peaks, Shivalik ranges, Dakpathar, Asan barrage and Valley of flowers. Finally, after 8 km of a trek from here, you will reach to Kempty falls. The salubrious climate of Kempty falls and the scene of clouds kissing the mountains rejuvenate your body and soul and makes you feel delighted.
THINGS TO DO NEAR KEMPTY FALLS
If you are going for Kempty falls make sure to visit some of these nearby popular places too. Some of the popular places and major attractions of Mussoorie are Valley of flowers trek, Dodi Tal trek, Kuari pass trek, Nanda Devi Trek, Hemkund trek, Shivling trek and many more. The trek itself covers some major attractions like the Malsi deer park and the Himalayan ranges.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE IN KEMPTY FALLS
There are certain things you should carry while trekking for Kempty falls. They are:-
- Make sure to carry a map. Although the trekking follows the same road still to avoid confusion always carry a map.
- Carry camp bags to sleep. If you are adventure lovers and fan of camping carry your own camp sleeping bags because you will get plenty of opportunities for camping.
- Take extra batteries and a power bank for your phone and cameras. There are not many local shops in the way once you start trekking.
- Carry warm clothes because the temperature drops down usually at night time,
- Although food is provided and hotels are present. You can carry dry fruits or packaged food.
- Drink a lot of water and stay dehydrated.
- Carry medicines for headaches, joint pains, nausea, and vomiting.