Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram Dwarahat: A Tranquil Among Nature
If you are looking for an ashram that is not relaxing and not too restrictive then Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram at Dwarahat is the one for you. The Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram is perfect for everyone. It is a place where you can go and truly relax and de-stress.
The wonderful art of meditation has become quite popular in the world. Due to the growing stress in everyday life, more and more people are heading over to spend a relaxing weekend in some beautiful ashram. In today’s world meditation has become a necessity to keep the mind calm.
In India, there are loads of ashrams that offer such relaxing getaways. But, it does get confusing to choose that one perfect Ashram for us. All of these Ashrams are stunning and calming in their way.
Located in the magnificent Dwarahat amid the intimidating yet calming Himalayas. The famous Mahavatar Babaji. You can find glimpses and marks of Mahavatar Babaji all over this beautiful place. Mahavatar Babaji was also the first in the line of the YSS gurus. These Gurus were the ones who brought back Kriya Yoga to India.
Suggested Read- A Date With The Saint: Kainchi Dham- Nainital
The History Of Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram
- The Ashram was founded by Sri Paramahansa Yogananda. His teachings are also spread across the country in another organization called Self-Realization Fellowship. Paramahansa Yogananda is also the author of the extremely famous book called Autobiography of a Yogi. This book helped to spread his teachings and sermons to the Western World.
- While the ashram is mainly attended by the followers of Paramahansa Yogananda, it is open to everyone. This ashram is also used as the starting base to visit the popular Mahavatar Babaji cave.
Suggested Read – Dwarahat Town & Ashram
A Walk Through The Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram
- The moment you reach this ashram you will be mystified by the surroundings. There could be no better place to meditate than here.
- Surrounded by awe-inspiring greenery and lofty Himalayan Peaks it seems as if heaven has descended upon Earth. Right in the middle of this stunning nature lies the little Ashram.
- Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram is not that big and was built as a shrine at first. Later it was developed into an ashram. You can still find marks of the shrines inside the premises of the ashram.
- The ashram itself has a Dhyana temple, a Radha Krishna Temple, a little reception, a library, and guest rooms. There are kitchen and dining facilities. The ashram also has a school and hospital which are completely free and only run on donations.
- Except for meditation, there are group discussions every morning and evening which include a review of the Ashram. Workshops are also conducted by Yoganandaji on How To Live.
- The principles taught by Yoganandaji are truly wonderful and have a magical effect. Those words are so spiritual and apt for today’s life that you find yourself living by those principles as much as you can.
- There is also a market nearby that fro where you can buy fruits and other basic food items.
- There is a schedule that is followed every day to lead a disciplined life. There are long meditation sessions on Thursdays which start from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm followed by one more session from 7 pm to 9 pm.
- On Sundays, there is a Satsang as well. The Satsang is eye-opening and you will feel really good after attending one.
- On a daily basis there is a Bhagavad Gita class from 7 pm to 7;45 pm. This is one of the most interesting classes, as you will be exposed to amazing perspectives about the teachings in the Bhagavad Gita. The discussions are enriching and will help you boarded your mind and use the principles of the Gita in daily life.
- The schedule is not too restrictive and you have a lot of free time for yourself to do as you please. You only have to make sure to adhere to the rules of the ashram at all times.
- The Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram also arranges two medical camps and a retreat in March.
- Other workshops that they organize are a Sadhana Sangam with Kriya Yoga Diksha, Mahavatar Babaji Smriti Divas Procession to the Babaji’s Cave, and Guruji’s birthday with a procession to town with YSS Dwarahat School students and devotees.
Suggested Read –How to reach Mahavatar Babaji Cave Dwarahat Uttarakhand
Please note: The accommodation and dining facilities are only available to the members and devotees of Yogoda Satsanga Sakha Ashram and its sister organization Self-Realization Fellowship.