Pind Daan at Har-Ki- Pauri Ghat in Haridwar
Pind Daan is specific and the most vital ritual or worshiping for the departed souls of ancestors or to bring liberation for the ancestors. The Haridwar is one of the most important sites out of 5 places in India. Pind Daan at Har-Ki- Pauri Ghat in Haridwar, Uttarakhand is a kind of symbolic offering observing prescribed rituals in Vedic scriptures traditions.
What is the Pind?
Pind loosely translated as a ball of rice or barley flour mixed with milk, honey, and sesame seeds, and the ball symbolically represents the no-physical form of the soul. On the higher plain, Pind Daan is observed during the fortnight of the month, Ashwin.
Suggested Read- 6 Best Ashrams To Stay in Haridwar at An Economical Price
The Benefits of Ritual
- This ritual performs for the benefit of people who want to heal or themselves from all past negative energy and purify their ancestors to make them happy forever by freeing them.
- If you travel to India, you must do homage to the departed and ancestors. We realize that in the fast-going life, not easy to get free time to take care of everything, especially for one who is no more with us but we organize this kind of activity with a viable solution for your needs.
- The Hindu priests performing this ritual by offering seven Pandas or balls. This ritual officiated by Brahmins and followed by the deceased family member., making seven Pandas or balls are specifically offered for the departed soul.
- The Pinda Daan tradition has been rolled down through countless generations and has been one of the most vital and mandatory rituals for us.
- It is a tribute to the departed that helps it to attain liberation ( Moksha) from the Samsara ( the cycle of life and rebirth ) or Mukti.
Suggested Read – Food Walk – Through Famous Eateries of Haridwar
In Hindu tradition, Haridwar city is celebrated as one of the sacred places out of seven cities across India. The Haridwar literally translated as “Gateway to God.” It is supposed to be the stopover by Hindu pilgrims while going up on a pilgrimage of Char Dham ( the four sacred shrines in the upper Himalayas ) in the state of Uttarakhand.
Association with River
- And, every Hindu believer is expected to visit once at Haridwar in his or her lifetime. The most sacred river of India is the Ganges, the holiest river Ganga or Ganges River flowing down to Haridwar.
- The Ganges river is holy among Hindus. It is believed that just taking a dip in the waters or bathing in it, wash away all worldly attachments, sin, and bad karma to attain salvation or Moksha.
- The river, the Ganges, and its banks, all the way to the Bay of Bengal, are venerated as holy spots and the sacred place for doing the rituals for the departed one. One such ritual is called “ Pind Daan” as a form of communication with the soul.
Suggested Read – Haridwar- The Holy City of Maha Kumbh Mela Event
The Role of Priest
- The professional priests, who learned these rituals by an extensive study of Vedic scriptures offer these holy soul-purifying services for Pind Daan in Haridwar where our priests will officiate the ritual according to sacred Vedic texts and tradition.
Suggested Read- The Significance of the Pind Daan Ritual at Dev Prayag