The Legendary Himalayan Holy Mountain Peaks in Uttarakhand
The Legendary Himalayan Holy Mountain peaks in Uttarakhand are so iconic that you just cannot miss them. All of these imposing and wondrous peaks belong to the stunning Himalayas and make Uttarakhand even more alluring.
- If you are visiting Uttarakhand, then you just can’t miss the intimidating yet astonishing peaks that mark the skyline. These mountain peaks are one of the defining factors of Uttarakhand. These peaks are not just beautiful to look at, but also amazing to traverse. You will be passing through the rings of nature to reach the top of these peaks. Read ahead to know more about the Peaks Of Uttarakhand.
- Some of the peaks like Nanda Devi, Trishul, or the Kedar Dome, you can see from far and wide. These peaks mark the skyline and make for a beautiful background. Uttarakhand is also home to several lesser-known peaks, which are equally gorgeous and mesmerizing.
Here are some of those peaks that you can view when in Uttarakhand;
- This blissful mountain peak is like an icon in Uttarakhand. The Nanda Devi peak is the second tallest peak in India (excluding Kanchenjunga, as it is located at the border of Nepal and India.
- Perched at the Garhwal region at an altitude of 7816 m above sea level, this peak is a sight to behold. You can witness the grandeur of the Nanda Devi Peak from different parts of Uttarakhand, and it looks regal every time.
- The trek to the top of Nanda Devi is not easy, however, it is surely a visual treat. You will be blessed with great rivers flowing by your side. You will be trekking through the acre inspiring Nanda Devi National Park, which is filled with extensive flora and fauna.
- It is quite a wonderful feeling traveling through this national park, as the effervescent air feels up your lungs and makes you want to get lost among the exotic birds and the tall trees.
- You will also be passing the Rishi Ganga Valley and the Gori Ganga Valley, both of which are exceptionally stunning with rolling meadows and lush green trees. You might even be able to catch a glimpse of the elusive snow leopard if you are too lucky.
- Once you reach this eminent peak, you will be astonished by its mesmerizing beauty. The mountain peak is divided into two massifs- the Western peak and the Eastern peak. Together they look divine, as the fluffy white clouds veil it at times to give it a more heavenly look.
- You must visit this peak at least once in your lifetime to witness the sheer beauty of Nanda Devi.
- Another wondrous marvel of Uttarakhand is the stunning Kamet peak located in the Garhwal district. After Nanda Devi, the Kamet peak is the tallest in Uttarakhand. Located at about 7756 m above sea level, this mesmerizing peak attracts many trekkers.
- When you visit Kamet, you will witness- regions covered with pristine snow, glaciers that shimmer when the sun rays hit them and, blue skies complete with beautiful white clouds. You will mainly find two notable glaciers- the Raikhana and the East Kamet Glacier.
- Due to its gorgeous beauty, Mt. Kamet has also earned the title of being the 29th most noteworthy crest in the world. You should come here to feel the sheer beauty of this place, and engulf yourself in the serenity of this peak.
- The Kamet peak has the power to make you fall in love with it and make you want to come back again and again, despite the challenging conditions of the trek.
- The serene yet intimidating Mana Peak is located 36 km from the holy shrine of Badrinath. This stunning peak is said to be one of the most popular peaks in Uttarakhand and is often visited by explorers and trekkers.
- The peak is perched at an altitude of 7274 m above sea level. It overlooks the Indo Tiber border, making it quite significant and culturally rich. It stands like a watchman who always keeps an eye on the strategic border.
- Climbing the Mana peak can get quite challenging, however, once you conquer it, the feeling is surreal. On one side you will witness the tall, dark, and imposing Himalayas, and on the other- the Indo-Tibet border.
- The Chaukhambha peak is a four-pillared shaped peak, which looks intimidating. This peak has about four summits, and you can visit all of them. All of these summits are located at varying altitudes, out of which the Chaukhamba peak I am the tallest.
- It is located at a whopping elevation of 7138 m above sea level. You can see the Chaukhamba peak I from the Gangotri Glacier.
- The trek starts from the pious town of Badrinath. The trek is quite surreal, as you will pass azure streams, meadows that sing with the window, and trees that will dot your path throughout your journey. Once you reach the Chaukhamba peak, you will feel a sense of accomplishment, that will make you proud and relieved at the same time.
- The breathtaking views from the peak, also make it worth the adventurous climb.
- The Trishul peak located in the Garhwal Himalayas is an absolute treat to the eyes. This stunning peak looks similar to the Trident or Trishul that Lord Shiva wields, making this peak quite revered as well.
- It is not easy to conquer this spectacular peak, as there are quite strong winds and slippery terrains, which makes it challenging. You need to be an experienced climber, to reach the summit of the Trishul Peak.
- Once you do reach the top, you will be rewarded with the most magnificent views, coupled with pristine snow and azure glaciers. Once you do reach the top of Trishul Peak, the feeling is quite different. You will feel an adrenaline rush and a sense of achievement when you reach this snow-covered paradise.
- If you wish to conquer this peak, then come here during July and September, as it is the best time to attempt the climb.
- The intimidating Dunagiri peak is located at an altitude of 7066 m above sea level, which makes it part of the tallest peaks in the Chamoli district. This mystical peak, also shares its boundaries with the Nanda Devi Sanctuary, making the journey all the more mesmerizing.
- At one time, this peak was quite off the radar and was almost untouched by any tourist or explorer. It just radiated pristine and pure beauty, with rolling fields and eternally flowing streams.
- Recently, however, Dunagiri has attracted quite attention, and many trekkers and explorers are coming to Dunagiri to witness the grandeur of nature.
- The stunning natural beauty is still as pristine and as clean as it once was, making it quite a serene and charming place to visit. If you follow the path to the peak, you will be captivated by how pristine and untouched the natural surroundings look. It feels as if no human has ever trodden on this path. This is just another allure and charm of this peak.
Chang Bang Peak
- It is situated in the Garhwal Himalayas, the Changbang Peak is part of the Nanda Devi National Park. There are many treks and nature trails that pass through this park, and Changbang is one of them.
- The trek to this peak is quite difficult, even though it is located at a lesser height of 6866 m above sea level. However, there are plenty of thrilling rough terrains that you will have to conquer to finally reach the top of this surreal peak.
- You will be greeted with unpredictable weather conditions, and ice sheets so slippery that you should pack good mountain climbing shoes. However, many natural avenues make it all worth it. You will be entering the realm of nature, through this trek. It is truly enchanting and worthwhile.
- The base camp of Changbang is located at Upper Deodi, from where you will have to start your climb to the Advance Base Camp. This part is quite difficult, as the climb is steep. The climb just gets harder and harder from here. However, eventually reaching the top is a wonderful feeling and you will feel rejuvenated once you reach the top
Nanda Kot Peak
- It is interspersed with glaciers like Kafani, Pindar, Lawan, and Sharing glaciers, the Nanda Kot peak, located in the Kumaon Himalayas, is a paradisal place. However, as they say, the more beautiful a place is, the harder it is to reach there, and the Nanda Kot is a great example of that.
- This mesmerizing peak is quite difficult to reach, as you will have to pass some death-defying crevasses. There comes a point where you will have to pass a hanging wall, which dangles precariously over your head.
- At times the climb can get too exhausting, but the views from the top make it worth it. You will be blessed with one of the most stunning views, complete with heavenly snow-covered peaks.
- The glorious Gangotri peak adorns the Garhwal region and rewards us with a wondrous and magical landscape. These picture-perfect peaks, are part of the Gangotri Group and are among the most popular mountains in Uttarakhand.
- If you wish to climb the Gangotri then your journey will start from the Rudugaira Nallah, and from there the climb is quite steep. However, the stunning views and the motivation to see the glorious Gangotri Glacier will surely keep you motivated.
- Watch out for some beautiful icy avenues, and breathtaking sceneries that will melt your heart and give you an adrenaline rush.
- Once you reach the top, the feeling is quite magnificent. You will find yourself surrounded by snow-covered peaks and the Gangotri glacier.
- If you are looking for more rugged terrain, rather than a snowy wonderland, then head off to the rustic Shivling peak. Located in the Garhwal Himalayas, the Shivling is located at the lower side of the Gangotri Glacier.
- Perched at an elevation of 6543 m above sea level, this incredible peak is quite challenging to conquer. You will be passing through some gorgeous terrains, that is rustic and rugged. It is a different side of the Himalayas, which is not covered with snow. Few streams will mark your way, and give you that much needed blue tone in the otherwise brown scenery.
- At some points, you will be greeted by loose rocks and soft snow, which can be quite difficult to traverse. The soft snow gets slippery, and one rock step on a loose rock can lead to serious injuries.
- Once you reach the top, you will be astounded by the sheer beauty that surrounds you. The trees are the perfect shade of green, and the blue sky complements it perfectly. There are mountains all around, and little streams complete the landscape.
- You should come here during May, or after monsoons to enjoy the beauty of Shivling in the best way possible.
- As the name suggests, the peak is called the Monkey’s tale or the Bandarpunch. Located in the Western Garhwal region, this mountain is divided into three peaks- Bandarpunch I (6316m) and Bandarpunch II (6102m), and Kalanag (6387m).
- The mountain is so beautifully shaped that you will be able to see it from many places in Uttarakhand. It is like an iconic natural monument of Uttarakhand. It is surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty and a queer kind of peace.
- The trek is not too hard, the paths are well marked and quite straight, and you should not have any trouble if you are well versed with rough terrains.
- Once you reach the top, you will get a full panoramic view of the entire valley. This view is truly gorgeous, and it looks even more mesmerizing when the sun begins to set. The entire valley gets painted in a golden hue, and you, standing atop the Bandarpunch can view that.
- Keep a lookout for peaks like Chandra Parbat, Swetvaran, Matri, The, Srikanth, Jogin, Gangotri range, among many others, which you can see from the Bandarpunch.
- These peaks make the sky and the entire region look even more captivating and stunning.
Nanda Ghunti Peak
- Another wondrous peak that emerges from the Nanda Devi National Park, is the Nanda Ghunti Peak. You can embark on this peak through the Nanda Devi Sanctuary.
- This peak is quite difficult to conquer, and only experienced mountaineers can attempt this. You need t to be well versed with mountaineering skills and endurance to long climbs. It is quite a winding, yet beautiful journey.
- Even though the climb is quite easy, as there are few steep edges or narrow gullies, however, it takes quite a long to reach the top.
- The path, however, is lined with the best of nature’s spectacles and you will be flooded with- ethereal trees, birds that fly above you, exotic flowers, and large meadows that sing with the wind.
- Nanda Ghunti is located at a much comfortable level, than other peaks like Trishul or Nanda Devi, however, it does need more strength and endurance.
- This imposing mountain massif is called the Swargarohini peaks is a beauty to behold in Uttarakhand. Nestled in the Bandarpoonch range, the Swargarohini Peaks is also called the Way To Heaven.
- The peaks are surreal, and you will feel that you are on your way to paradise throughout the journey. The Swargarohini Peaks are surrounded by breathtaking landscapes, thinly veiled clouds, and mountains that will make you gasp.
- You will pass through some wondrous ravines, and rows of trees that will make you swoon with the aromatic breeze.
- The Swargarohini massif contains four peaks. These peaks are quite revered in the Hindu religion, as the Pandavas had passed through Swargarohini to reach paradise.
- In the end, however, only Yudhishthira was able to reach heaven, as he had lived a sinless life. Thus, since then it is believed that the only way to reach heaven in the human form is through Swargarohini.
- Uttarakhand is truly blessed with the most awe-inspiring peaks, and visiting even a few of these breathtaking peaks is worthwhile. So, what are you waiting for, dive into the realm of epic natural beauty, scintillating mountains, and rugged terrains?
Comments are closed.