Haldwani–The Doorway To Kumaon Hills
Haldwani–The Doorway To Kumaon Hills in Uttarakhand sprawls in the district of Nainital on the foothills of the Himalayas. It is famous as the Gateway of Kumaon Himalayas. Haldwani is a really big city in all sense of the Kumaon region and a prominent hub for commercial trading. Haldwani widely grows the Haldu tress which is the reason for having this name Haldwani. It is famous as Haldwani–The Doorway To Kumaon Hills in Uttarakhand.
- Both have lots of similarities. Haldwani & Dehradun are both quite developed cities filled with cafes, restaurants, educational institutes, and shopping malls. In Haldwani, you experience the local traditional culture of the Kumaon hills of Uttarakhand.
Suggested Read – Nainital Seal The Unforgettable Memory
- Gaula Barrage area is the most famous tourist hub along the bank of the Gaula River. The river is the main source of supply run water that uses for irrigation purposes.
- Kali Chaur mandir– A very holy shrine of Goddess Kali. . The temple sprawls in thick forest land, about 10 km from Haldwani.
Suggested Read – A Date With The Saint of Kainchi Dham- Neem Karoli Baba
Kathgodam Railway Station
- By Rail – Kathgodam Railway Station & Lal Kuan railway station.
- By Road – Delhi – Haldwani via NH 109
- By Air – The Pant Nagar Airport to Haldwani – 35 km
Suggested Read – Hiadakhan Baba Ashram – Nainital
Accommodation & Food
- Kathgodam Railway Station and on Rampur Road
- Budget accommodations – Market Road. Restaurant & Caffe – Kaladhungi Road and Stadium Road for North Indian cuisines, Continental, Chinese and local food.
- Must-Try – Bal Mthai, Dubke and Churkani.
Suggested Read – Mukteshwar Temple – A Shiva Temple, Path of Salvation in