5 Best Authentic Ashram For Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is well-known for Yoga ashrams and Yoga studios. Many people come to Rishikesh for Yoga & Meditation Retreat. Rishikesh offers a wonderful art of mindfulness and introspection and there is certainly no better place to feel awesome than other holy towns in India. In Rishikesh, Yoga is in its air that it has the magical place of cleaning your soul and throwing off your worries. It is mystifying and liberating you from all cravings and tiresome feelings.
- Rishikesh is full of Yoga Ashrams, wherein you can go and let your soul free. Now, with so many ashrams coming up it can get a little confusing for travelers to choose the best one.
- From the moment you enter, you feel your spirits being lifted and your soul is touched. The beautiful cold breeze just hits your face as if there is no tomorrow.
- So here is a list of a few of the best Yoga Ashrams that finds you well in the sacred city of Rishikesh.
- Rishikesh is truly home to one of the best yoga centers in India. The Sivananda Ashram is actually run by the famous Divine Love Society and it promotes the idea of inculcating Yoga in everyday life.
- Here the focus is more on the techniques of Yoga and how Yoga is beneficial in every single aspect of our lives. It follows a wholesome program- wherein all five points of Yoga are implemented. In this center, you will learn how to perfect your breathing, your posture, how to relax, meditate and how to follow a yogic diet.
- This amazing ashram actually offers free mediation and Yoga classes. The whole vibe here is different and makes you feel at ease.
- If you are seriously looking towards healing yourself through Yoga then you can also stay and eat here for free. However, you have to apply for that at least a month in advance of your visit. This ashram is located pretty close to the main road, yet once you are inside you will be away from all the cacophony that is outside this place.
- This spiritual Yoga center is strategically located at the banks of the eternally flowing sacred river of Ganga. This spacious yoga center is said to be the best and biggest ashram in India.
- This place has about 1000 rooms and is over eight acres. Some of the rooms have exceptional views of the River Ganges, and it makes for a great way to start the day.
- The ashram also provides for all three meals, which are included in the price. There are two classes that you can attend in the basic package.
- The wonderful Yoga classes, coupled with a calming and encouraging guru and the magical aroma from the Ganges just make everything so much better here.
- Your Yoga experience will reach new levels as you will find yourself getting lost within yourself. You can also participate in the famous evening Aarti that the Ashram conducts at the river.
- The experience is undoubtedly spiritually healing and bewitching.
Swami Dayananda Ashram
- Founded by the famous Swami Dayananda Saraswati, this picturesque ashram is like a dream come true. The ashram is nestled in the midst of overarching trees that form a cooling canopy, and the mountains gently peak in the background.
- What is really unique about this ashram focuses on the spiritual teachings from the Bhagavad Gita and the Upanishads. The Yoga practiced and taught here is more centered around spirituality and religion than in any other place. Calming Vedic chantings are also a common practice here.
- These chants have the distinct property of calming the mind while simultaneously increasing your concentration. There are different kinds of Yoga is taught here. The most common ones bring- Hatha yoga and Iyengar yoga.
- When one takes up with Yoga. One of the most important aspects of it is perfecting meditation. While it might seem simple. Meditation is one of the most rewarding and challenging parts of Yoga.
- In Sadhana Mandir, this is exactly what becomes the crux of the teachings. Away from the city lights. This ashram is located in an isolated garden-like area on the banks of the River.
- This ashram is more scented on helping you find your inner peace and transforming you into a calmer and better version of yourself through yoga and meditation. Sadhana Mandir is dedicated to helping you introspect and confront your worst demons inside your head through the art of mediation.
- The meditation spots are beautifully adorned and scream positivity the moment you stand there. After experiencing this ashram you will truly feel blessed and changed.
- If you are looking for a somewhat Ashram and a somewhat Yoga studio type Yoga center in Rishikesh then This is the perfect place for you.
- In Rishikesh Yogpeeth, this is exactly what you will be able to experience. This absolutely brilliant experience will allow you to not only practice yoga but also be in touch with beautiful mother nature. This will only heighten your experience and make you feel liberated in the true sense.
- Reaching this place itself is a little challenging, as you will have to trek a bit. But, the bliss that you will experience for the next few days in the ashram is recently worth the little trek.
- There are different yoga courses and packages and you can opt for whichever one you like depending upon your needs.
- All of the packages are absolutely lovely and after the end of the sessions, you will start to feel so much better and rejuvenated.
- Rishikesh is a vegetarian city. So if you are a hardcore meat lover then this place is the best for you to start off by cleansing your body off the meat that you consume.
- There is a beautiful spiritual experience that takes place in Rishikesh from February to March. If you come here during this time. You will be blessed to feel by the Satsang season.
- This spiritual experience is all about gaining wisdom and opening up your mind. It is beautiful and you will feel wise after every wonderful session.
- Get your own Yoga mat. The mats used in these ashrams are often used by several people on that very day. So the best way to stay away from germs is to carry your own mat.