Neem Karoli Baba Ashram in Rishikesh
Neem Karoli Baba Ashram in Rishikesh has situated 6 km away from the Ramjhula Bridge, on the National Highway 58 Haridwar-Rishikesh at Hanuman Chowk, and if you calculate the distance from the Rishikesh Market, it would approx 4 km, and approx 30 km distance from Jolly Grant Airport. ” Maharajji loves this Ashram”
- The Ashram was founded by Baba Neem Karoli Maharaj himself in the year 1970 & The Ashram covers an area of about 5 acres at Virbhadra Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Maharajji used to love to chant the Sri Hanuman Chalisa at Bajrang Temple ” Sita Ram Sita Ram Sita Ram Kahiye”
Suggested Read – A Date With The Saint: Kainchi Dham- Nainital
The Ashram Feature
- There are 4 temples, and the most important temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman and the statue installation ceremony ( Lord Hanuman ) was held by Baba Neem Karoli Ji Maharaj on 10 July 1984.
- In the main temple, there is a big statue of God Hanuman, soaring about 42 ft. from the roadside level.
- Two other small rooms are dedicated to his mother Siddi Maa and her wife Jivanti Maa and on the very right corner of the premises of the Ashram, there is a temple, dedicated to Baba Neem Karoli Ji Maharaj.
- Apart from temples and statues, there is also a primary school which is a part of the temple but runs by the state government of Uttarakhand.
How To Reach
- By Road- It is on the NH 58 if you travel from Rishikesh, just take the NH 58, drive towards Haridwar from Rishikesh, after 6 km motor drive from Rishikesh, at Hanuman Chowk, on the right, threr is Ashram.
- By Air- from Jolly Grant Airport, the Ashram is about 30 km.
- By Rail – Get off at Yog Nagari Railway Station at Rishikesh, take an Auto or the private cab to drop off at Hanuman Chowk near Vibhadra IDPL.
Suggested Read – The 7 Best Things To Do In Rishikesh, India