Neelkanth Mahadev Temple- Rishikesh to Neelkanth
The Neelkanth Mahadev Temple– Rishikesh to Neelkanth Distance 32 km and From Lakshman Jhula, Tapovan, distance is 25 km. Here, Shiva Temple is thriving in religious zeal. Neelkanth Mandir sprawls at an elevation of 1330 meters from sea level and it is surrounded by the valleys Vishnukoot, Brahmakoot, and Manikoot Parvat. Rishikesh to Neelkanth can be reached easily by renting a scooter or sharing a jeep from Rishikesh.
Neelkanth Temple Rishikesh Timings
Neelkanth Temple Rishikesh Timings – It remains open round the year from early morning until 08:PM. Thus, you can visit the temple any time during the day.
Rishikesh to Neelkanth Distance
The Rishikesh to Neelkanth distance is approx 32 km from Rishikesh City and If calculate the distance from Lakshman Jhula to Neelkanth Temple, It will be 25 km via Garud Chatti, Phool Chatti, Tatta Pani, and Kali Kund Waterfall. The Trekking route distance is 12 km behind Beatles Ashram that passes through dense forests of Rajaji National Park.
Haridwar to Neelkanth Distance
Haridwar To Neelkanth distance is approx 60 km from Chandi Chowk Haridwar via Rajaji National park is a bit longest route passes through the park but this epic road trip up to Neelkanth Shiv Mandir.
Suggested Read – Jhilmil Cave – A Living Cave Near Neelkanth Temple
Mythology Neel Kanth Mahadev
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple- When the Gods and Asurans started churning the ocean for the nectar of immortality along with the potion of immortality also they found other priceless items along with poison, which started causing a big loss to the common man by the outbreak of the poison.
- Then all God requested to Shiva to drink and when Shiva drunk & the poison stuck in his throat & then, his throat becomes blue, since then Shiva known as Neelkanth Mahadev.Things to Know
Suggested Read – Jhilmil Jheel- A Lake Dance of the Birds
Rishikesh To Neelkanth Taxi Fare
- All kinds of transports are available from Rishikesh to Neeltanth taxi fare. From Lakshman Jhula, you can get a sharing vehicle (Jeep) for Neellkantha Temple at INR 200 / per person, with sharing jeep, it takes 1 hr / 25 km & vice versa. Due to the narrow and curvy road, you need to drive slowly & carefully.
- The road to Neelkantha Temple is very narrow & curvy and it is not safe for the outsider to drive on the twisted road.
- If you have a small child with you, then take the things to eat with you, because of the hilly road, many times may take longer time than expected and Neelkantha Temple is in the middle of the mountains in the village, so, there are so many food shops but not much gratification.
- Before getting dark, you must try to get back to Rishikesh. There is a lot of crowd at Neelkantha Temple in the month of Savana.
- Rishikesh to Neelkanth can be reached easily by renting a scooter or sharing a jeep from Rishikesh.
Suggested Read – 8 Top Most Popular Waterfalls in Rishikesh Dehradun & Mussoorie