Shivpuri River Rafting Point: tips & tricks to book
Rafting on the Ganges river from Shivpuri River Rafting Point to NIM beach in Rishikesh is a popular activity among tourists. Many operators advertise it as a 16km journey, but it is actually closer to 11-12km. The trip takes 1.5-2 hours and features seven rapids, ranging from small to large. Some of the good rapids on this stretch include Roller Coaster (III+), Golf Course (III+), and Club House (III). Although there are some large waves and hydraulics, these rapids are safe to raft.
After a 30-60 minute journey to the starting point, you’ll have another 30 minutes for preparation, raft inflation, and safety training. Once the safety briefing is completed, you’ll be able to board the rafts and begin your two-hour river adventure filled with fun splashes and powerful hits.
We’ll complete our rafting excursion just before Laxman Jhula and then drive back to the Red Chilli Adventure office. The whole process should only take about 5 minutes.
Before you book your rafting trip, there are some things you should know:
- The age limit for rafting is from 14 years old to 60 years old.
- There is a weight limit of a minimum of 40kg and a maximum of 100kg for people wanting to go rafting. Weight needs to be in proportion with height, so someone who is 6 feet tall and 100kg would be fine, but someone who is 5 feet tall and 100kg would not be.
- Being in good health and leading an active lifestyle is key for people who want to go on a rafting trip, as it can be dangerous for those with certain medical conditions. People who have had heart surgery or have epilepsy or severe asthma, for example, are not allowed on rafting trips as it could pose a risk to their lives. People with normal asthma can bring their inhalers with them and simply let the guide know about it ahead of time.
- For rafting, it is recommended that you wear quick-drying clothes such as shorts and a T-shirt or slacks pants made of nylon. Please avoid wearing a sari, skirt, or burka.
- If you’re coming from Delhi / Haridwar or Dehradun on the weekends, please make sure to add an extra 2-3 hours to your trip since there is usually a traffic jam in Rishikesh. Our office is located at Tapovan- Luxman Jhula.
Cancellation Policy for Day Rafting
- If a customer cancels their order before 48 hours, they will be refunded 90% of the total amount.
- If you cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before your stay, we will refund 50% of the total amount.
- If you cancel your appointment less than 24 hours before it’s scheduled or if you’re a no-show, you will be charged in full. We do not offer refunds for any reason.
Comments are closed.