Bageshwar Uttarakhand: “A Group of Temples”
Nestled amidst the Himalayan ranges in the Indian state of Uttarakhand lies a serene town called Bageshwar. This hidden gem is a paradise for nature lovers, adventure seekers, and spiritual enthusiasts alike. From breathtaking vistas to ancient temples, Bageshwar has something for everyone.
Here’s a rundown of some of the top things to do and see in Bageshwar:
- Bagnath Temple: The ancient Bagnath Temple, located on the banks of the Sarayu River, is the most famous attraction in Bageshwar. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this temple is said to have been built by the Pandavas during their exile. The temple’s architecture is stunning, with intricate carvings and sculptures.
- Baijnath Temple: Another must-visit temple in Bageshwar is the Baijnath Temple. Built-in the 12th century, this temple is known for its exquisite stone carvings. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is surrounded by lush greenery, making it an ideal spot for meditation and relaxation.
- Kanda: For adventure enthusiasts, Kanda is a must-visit destination in Bageshwar. This small hamlet is situated at an altitude of 1500 meters and offers spectacular views of the Himalayas. Trekking, camping, and rock climbing are some of the popular activities here.
- Pindari Glacier: One of the most popular treks in Uttarakhand, the Pindari Glacier trek starts from Bageshwar. The trek takes you through lush forests, quaint villages, and stunning landscapes. The glacier itself is a marvel of nature and is a sight to behold.
- Kafni Glacier: Another popular glacier trek in Bageshwar is the Kafni Glacier trek. The trek takes you through the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, offering panoramic views of the Himalayas. The glacier itself is a serene spot surrounded by snow-capped peaks.
- Gwaldam: Located about 42 km from Bageshwar, Gwaldam is a picturesque hill station known for its apple orchards and serene surroundings. The town is surrounded by the Nanda Devi and Trishul mountain ranges, offering breathtaking views.
- Kausani: Known as the “Switzerland of India”, Kausani is a scenic hill station located about 52 km from Bageshwar. The town is surrounded by lush greenery and offers stunning views of the Himalayas.
In conclusion, Bageshwar is a hidden gem in Uttarakhand that is definitely worth a visit. From ancient temples to stunning glaciers, the town has something for everyone. So, pack your bags and head to Bageshwar for an unforgettable experience.
Comments are closed.