Interesting volunteering Travel in Rishikesh and Uttarakhand
- Generally, people travel to Rishikesh, Uttarakhand for sightseeing and pilgrimage whereas few are Interesting Volunteering Travel in Rishikesh and Uttarakhand. Have you ever tried something different?
- Like how you can help others with the knowledge you are blessed with? If not, this time, try to indulge yourself in social activity by doing volunteer work in the Himalayan region.
- This not only changes your way of seeing life but also brings a ray of hope in the lives of the tribal people living in the villages of the Himalayan region in Uttarakhand.
Top volunteer travel in Rishikesh and Uttarakhand
Who Commune Rishikesh
- This Commune recently tied up with an orphanage and the charity shop in the Rishikesh. Here one can volunteer themselves either to market the products in the shop or teach kids in the orphanage. The profits whatever gained by selling the products from the volunteer go to childcare.
- Here volunteer provides accommodation in the local hotels and food. Other facilities should be taken care of by the volunteers themself. As this is a new NGO, the volunteers need to take care of themselves.
- This organization strives hard for the development of poor kids who can’t go to school. The people who work here are mostly volunteers here they teach English, mathematics, science, and Basic IT.
- Besides this, they want some volunteers from the medical field like health specialties and dentists.
- The minimum duration of the volunteer work in the hill land of the Himalayas is 2 weeks. If you couldn’t spend two whole weeks here you can take 1-week of work by working 5 hours a day.
- The many intentions of this work are to improve the life of poor kids to have a better future. They welcome all the volunteers with open hands.
Yogic Ashram Life in Jainti,Uttrakhand
- Are you looking for volunteer work in the ashram where you can travel and learn yoga along with the volunteer work? Then this the place the best choice for such activities.
- The ashram is located in the midst of the Himalayan mountains in a small village which gives visitors a scintillating experience.
- What you do here? By leading a traditional yogic lifestyle one can do volunteer work by taking part in the social service to local people by educating them and taking part in environmental activities as well. Shared accommodation is provided to the volunteers with the attached washrooms.
- Foreigners can learn Hind and Sanskrit Languages. One can learn the yogic culture of India and practices it here. Besides this, you can also learn how to cook yogic vegan food. This is the best way to spend your vacation when you travel to Uttarakhand.
Holistic wellness Guesthouse
- As we all know Rishikesh is famous for yoga and Ayurveda therapies. This institute deals with similar things. Their main focus is healing through yoga which requires a lot of Volunteers for various works.
- Like, the yoga teacher, digital marketer, helping tourists, so on. While you volunteer here they provide accommodation. Here they have both private and sharing rooms.
- Only two people are allowed and they have an internet facility as well. Both the private and shared rooms have attached washrooms.
- The charity work conducted by the institute is the distribution of food, blanket, and stationary to the poor kids. Besides this, they have animal welfare works as well.
- The number of hours working per day is 5 hours and 5 days a week. This is their schedule, you can choose the number of days you need to do charity work when you travel to Rishikesh.
Eco-Sustainable Farm and Guesthouse
- Are you looking for volunteer work on the farm like spending a vacation with nature away from the noisy city life?
- The eco-sustainable farm and guesthouse in the foothills of the Himalayas Rajaji national park provide you with this opportunity.
- Here you can see more than 400 elephants and 400 birds farming in this serene place, change your life forever. Many people come here with the aspiration to learn different kinds of farming techniques.
- What Volunteers do? They learn to farm, along with this they also learn the usage and the medicinal properties of the plants. Experience Yoga and mediation in the wild.
- Here you can also do some fun activities like jungle safari, nature walk, understanding and knowing more about the village’s lifestyle in India. Here they provide accommodation along with food three times a day.
- Daily activity includes taking care of the crop, cutting vegetables, helping in the eco-friendly mud hut construction. Besides this, taking care of the guest house and meditation spot. Internet access and pets are available here.
Homestay and Share our family life in Mussoorie
- This homestay volunteer work is a bit different but quite exciting compared to others. There won’t be any loads of work here to volunteer.
- The only thing you have to do is feel this place at home and freely access everything. For instance, if you are a good gardener, then gardening here can improve your techniques.
- If you’re a good cook, then you are free to cook the food and introduce the dish to our cook.
- They have luxurious rooms with Ac and attached bathrooms, With internet facilities. During your stay here just go to nearby villages and provide the basic teaching for the less privileged kids.
- Here they accept volunteers to help in the overall development of the place. From here one can reach the famous waterfall Kempty. This place is located near the Kempty waterfall which is just 5 minutes walkable.
- Otherwise, you can visit the popular hill station in Uttarakhand Mussoorie which 40 minutes from here. Yoga Capital Rishikesh is 3 hours from this place. Working hours per day here are 4 to 5 hours 5 days a week.
- Make your travel to Rishikesh and Uttarakhand memorable by indulging yourself in at least one of the above mention social activities which change your life and the locals’ life forever. Hope you experience the journey of your life!